WWE presented Hell In A Cell pay-per-view from San Antonio, Texas. This event had great ups and downs with new champions to surprise returns and introduction to a new red coloured cell. So, here are the results:
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship — New Day (c) def. Rusev Day via pinfall to retain the titles (Kickoff Show).
- Hell in a Cell — Randy Orton def. Jeff Hardy via pinfall. At first the match was slow until Harrdy set a ladder upside down in a V; he attempted to suplex Orton through it, but Orton instead lifted Hardy and threw him chest-first. Hardy planned to leapfrog the taller ladder but instead climbed to the top of the tall ladder and grabbed the top of the cell with his arms, swinging his body back and forth. Orton moved at the final moment as Hardy released and splashed face-first into the table. WWE announced that Hardy is suffering from an abdominal injury and coughing up blood.
- SmackDown Women’s Championship — Becky Lynch def. Charlotte Flair (c) via pinfall to win the title. In final moments, An unrelenting Lynch looked to be done for as Flair launched herself in a spear, but Lynch caught her in a roll-up and earned the sudden pinfall victory.
- Raw Tag Team Championship — Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre (c) def. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose via pinfall to retain the titles. In fianl moments, Rollins was attempting his superplex-Falcon’s Arrow combination move on Ziggler when McIntyre, who previously knocked Ambrose outside the ring, reentered and nailed Rollins in the face with Claymore as he was lifting Ziggler in the air for the second half of the combo. Ziggler fell on top of Rollins as the referee counted to three.
- WWE Championship — AJ Styles (c) def. Samoa Joe via pinfall to retain the title. Styles attempted to reach for the ropes, but Joe took him to the Coquina Clutch; Styles rolled backwards on Joe, pinning the challenger’s shoulders to the mat for the 1-2-3. Joe immediately celebrated only to be surprised that Styles’ music played as he claimed Styles tapped out before the referee slapped the mat. He took the WWE title away from a bloodied Styles, so Styles kicked him in the back of the head and knocked him out of the ring before falling to the canvas clearly wounded. After the match, replay showed that Styles tapped out prior to the three count but his hand was away from the referee’s view.
- The Miz & Maryse def. Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella via pinfall. Bella threw Maryse into Miz, who got knocked off the ring apron, but Maryse reversed a pinning combination by Bella, grabbing her tights to keep her down for the pinfall.
- Raw Women’s Championship — Ronda Rousey (c) def. Alexa Bliss via submission to retain the title. At last, Rousey hit Bliss rolling judo move and locked in the armbar for an immediate submission.
- Universal Championship (Hell in a Cell) — Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman ends in a no contest. At final moments, Reigns countered Strowman with two Superman punches before spearing him into the table. Reigns rolled Strowman over but also got a 2.9 count.
Ziggler and McIntyre ran down to the ring demanding the referee to let them into the cell; Rollins and Ambrose immediately came out to make the save. The men removed the tops of two announce tables, and eventually all four made their way to the top of the cell (Ambrose with a kendo stick in tow) to slug it out. Ziggler and Rollins started climbing down but began fighting once they reached the first panel; they simultaneously rammed one another’s head into the side of the cell and crashed through the announce tables below. McIntyre and Ambrose did not move.
Out of nowhere, Brock Lesnar’s music hit as The Beast and Paul Heyman made their way to ringside. Lesnar grew impatient and kicked the cell door off the hinges. Heyman pepper sprayed Foley in the eyes. He hit Strowman and Reigns with consecutive F5s with Reigns landing atop Strowman. A new official entered the ring once Lesnar exited and called for the timekeeper to ring the bell and declare a no contest.